Welcome to Orinoco
Orinoco is a charity, based in Oxford, UK that promotes re-use, art and creative play through education and direct action. From our Scrapstore in Headington we sell scrap items for art, play and creative projects, new art materials, household paint and a range of DIY materials. Everything in the store is incredibly cheap and the household paint is free. [All about Orinoco] [Contact Orinoco]
If you can’t get along during opening hours, give us a call. We can open at other times by arrangement. [Map and Directions]
The Orinoco Outreach team visit shows and events across Oxfordshire. You can book Orinoco Art workers to visit your event or play day [Events and Outreach]. You can also book the Amazing Scrapmobile to visit your venue or setting [Scrapmobile]. Contact mail [at] oxorinoco [dot] org for more information on how to book or get involved with the Outreach team.
Orinoco Swap Shops are held on the second Saturday of the month and run from 11am to 1pm. There’s no actual swapping involved. Just bring along stuff you don’t want and/or take away someone else’s stuff you do.
Keep up to date with the latest Orinoco news
- Check out the News section of the website for our latest updates.
- Visit the Gallery to see photos of the latest arrivals at the store and to see what other customers, members and supporters have been making with Orinoco materials.
- Join the Orinoco mailing list so you get an email (usually once a month) whenever new stock arrives or there is a special event.
- Become our friend on Facebook to meet other Orinoco users and members and stay up to date with the latest news from the Scrapstore.
- Follow @oxorinoco on Twitter.