We’re passionate about play. We believe that everyone should be able to access the materials, advice and training to make creative play easy and affordable. This was the principal reason for founding Orinoco back in 1993 and remains one of our principal areas of work. How do we do this?
- We run a Scrapstore that makes waste materials available at low cost for art and creative play projects.
- We run an artshop that sells new art materials: child-safe paints, glues, brushes and other essentials.
- We produce ‘how to’ guides and project packs for parents, teachers, youth workers, etc.
- We run training sessions and art workshops.
- We provide creative play workers for events.
- We have a travelling Scrapmobile that takes both materials and expertise out to settings that cannot easily access the store.